Before I begin writing this, I want to give you this link, so that you can hear the entire interview yourself, to verify that I am not “misquoting “Iman Feisal Abdul Rauf”: http://www.floppingaces.net/2010/09/09/imam-rauf-on-larry-king-live-with-soledad-obrian/
In watching this man speak, I see that he has this “kind” smile, this “soft” manner of speaking, and he seems so concerned about what is happening with the protests against the building of the Mosque near Ground Zero. But I learned a long time ago that it is not always necessary to fear the big man with the loud voice; it is the smiling little “big-hearted” guy with the soft hands and the soft voice who will steal your wallet while he shakes your hand, or shoot you dead while he tells you what a “great guy” he thinks you are. You don’t look for danger from this kind of guy, and that it their greatest weapon!
Feisal just returned from a trip around the Muslim world, and I have no doubt that he was out building support for the building of the Mosque, while our tax dollars paid his expenses, telling muslims that they need to stand against us on this, to make us back down and let him build his “Trophy Mosque”, to allow a center for hatred against Christians to stand just two blocks away from the site of major death and catastrophe to America! Let me just share a couple of quotes from him, and my ideas of what he is really talking about:
1. “Radical discourse that has just hijacked the discourse in our country, and in the rest of the world! Politicians use this for political purposes!” He is trying to shift the blame off of himself, for wanting to build the mosque so near to Ground Zero, and put it on the “radicals”, the family members who don’t want this to happen, and a couple of un-named Conservative politicians. We are the problem makers, not him; right!
2. “If we move from that location, the headlines will be that the “radicals” ( We, the American citizens ) have taken over the discourse, and in the muslim world the headlines will be that the muslims are “under attack”!” In other words; if we stand for our rights as Americans, the majority of Americans in this country, we will force the muslims to feel that we are attacking them! I’m sorry, but haven’t we been fighting two wars because of the endless attacks by muslims against Americans for over 40 years? Didn’t all of this start when muslims flew two planes into the Twin Towers, one into the Pentagon, and a fourth was forced to crash in Pennsylvania because the people on the plane fought to keep them from taking out another target? And we are supposed to worry that they will feel that we are “attacking them”? What about our constant worries that they are going to attack us again, spurred on by their public protests in Europe, chanting out “Death to America, Death to Americans!”
3. “The danger from the radicals in the Muslim world to our national security, to the security of our troops, the concern for American citizens who work and travel overseas will be increasingly be compromised if the “radicals” ( American citizens. Notice how he refers to patriotic American citizens, and radical muslim terrorists, as both being “radical”! ) are strengthened and, if we do move, it will strengthen the ability of the radicals to recruit, and their violence to our country!” If that isn’t an “out-and-out” threat, I have never heard one! If we stand up against the radical muslims, they will build their forces and strengthen their violence to our country! As I said; the quiet, smiling guys always threaten extreme danger “gently”, like the Godfather telling some underling: “Joe, if you don’t do what I have asked you to do, your family will wind up dead!”
4. In building the mosque in the unwelcome area, he stated that “This is our time, and our turn”, then he continued trying to make is sound like a muslim YMCA! Muslims believe that they are taking over the world, which they are doing a pretty good job of, right now, and they believe that they have the power to command what they want to happen, and we had better listen, or else!
5. “Our national security, now, hinges on how we negotiate this, how we speak about it, and what we do. If we move, that means the radicals ( Patriotic Americans ) have shaped the discourse, and the radicals will shape the discourse on both sides, and those of us who are moderates see the battlefront is not between muslims and non-muslims; the real battlefront is between moderates and all sides of all the faith traditions and the radicals on all sides!” It is not the “peaceful Mullahs” whom we need to be concerned about, it is the Patriots on the American side, who are standing against the radical muslims who killed our people on 9/11! They are the ones that need our full support! Those mullahs don’t care about American lives, or the rest of the Christian world; their end game is spelled out in the Quran, they want to rid the world of the “infidels”: Us! I’m sorry; but weren’t the terrorists given a “fatwa” by their clerics, to go out and kill Americans? When was the last time you can remember a Christian Reverand ordering a “fatwa” for anything, much less for killing mulims? Just exactly how many muslims have been killed in NYC by the “radical” Patriotic Americans who peacefully protest against the mosque? Big difference, right?
6. “Radicals feed off each other and, in some kind of existential way, need each other, and the more that the radicals are able to control the discourse, on one side, the more it strengthens the radicals on the other side, and vice-versa!” On this, I have to partially agree with him; he makes it sound like we started this, but we didn’t! It all started on 9/11/01, and it was the radical muslim terrorists that caused this all to begin, by massacring over 3,000 American, in the name of their Holy War, and we are just responding to all of the hatred and anger they have been throwing at us ever since! Did their actions cause our citizens to stand up against this mosque? Hell yes! And will we back down now, because this cleric tells us that we need to be “kinder, gentler people”? Hell no! They started this, and we will finish it!
This mullah is doing no more than trying to build a power base in NYC, trying to build a Trophy Mosque where muslims will be able to bow to Allah, and show their disgust for Americans in the one spot in the world that means more to every American as a “line in the sand” against the muslims! He says he “will not take money from Iran”, yet he already has, and will continue to do so, only “under the table” so as not to look like he has lied! He has spent our money on his latest worldwide trip, building up support for this mosque, and he has been fanning the embers of the fire, getting it ready to ignite into a blaze! Do not bow down to this man’s lies, do not lose your pride in our country, and our people; stand strong as one nation, stand strong against those who wish to “Kill America” and destroy the American way of life! This is the “line in the sand”; do not let them cross it! One more victory against us may be the final step to them attacking us with their full power; we need to show them that the “Sleeping Giant” is not asleep, anymore!
STAND UP AMERICANS, OR LOSE AMERICA!
Michael J. Kilgus